If your iPod Touch is locked and telling you ‘iPod disabled connect to iTunes’ then you can use iTunes to restore it. Follow these steps:
- Firstly you need to make sure you back up any important data you don’t want to lose on to your computer, as restoring your iPod will wipe it clean so you will need to re-install later.
- On your computer, connect to the internet and install the latest version of iTunes from: www.apple.com/itunes.
- Connect your iPod Touch to your computer using your USB cord.
- Make sure iTunes is open and then select ‘iPod Touch’ from the menu bar on iTunes.
- Select the ‘summary’ tab.
- Click on ‘check for update’.
- Choose ‘restore’ and the follow the instructions when prompted to restore your iPod Touch.
- If this didn’t work then you may need to do an advanced restore, if that is the case then follow these steps:
- Turn your iPod off.
- Connect your iPod Touch to your computer.
- Switch your iPod on.
- Hold down the ‘home’ and ‘sleep/wake’ buttons together for 5 seconds until you see the Apple logo appear.
- Let go of the ‘sleep/ wake’ button but carry on holding the ‘home’ button. Now your iPod Touch should reboot and iTunes on your computer will see that the iPod is in recovery mode.
Please bear in mind, that as mentioned above, restoring your iPod will erase everything off it, so if you have anything important you want to save make sure you do so before completing these steps.