The main way is to reset your password via iTunes. This takes you to an online form in your browser and then through various security steps in order to reset your password.
The other way is to reset your Apple ID password by going directly to the Apple Support page on the Apple website www.apple.com or find your specific country’s version of it if you are outside of America. If you're an AOL account holder, you have to click on the reset password button in iTunes, which opens up a browser page, and from here you can ring the AOL customer services number.
1. Open up iTunes (either on your Mac or PC).
2. Click on the iTunes Store tab on the left side window of iTunes.
3. Find the Account Sign-In button on the top far right hand of the main window and click on Sign-In. This will show your Apple ID if you’ve previously signed in.
4. Enter your Apple ID or AOL username and then click on the 'Forgot Password?' to the right of the password entry field. This will open up a window in your default browser.
5. Your username is needed in order to reset your password, so fill this in (if it hasn't auto-filled) and click the blue ‘Next’ button.
6. You will then need to select your authentication method, which is either email authentication or choose to answer some security questions, which you created when setting up your original account. If you’ve chosen email authentication, Apple will send through a temporary link, which you’ll have to click to open up a secure page in your browser. Follow the onscreen instructions and you should be done.
Retrieving your iTunes password can be easy as there are several methods to try if one does not work. This means you should be able to access it at any time, although it is best to make a reminder or hint of your password in case you forget it again.