My phones having the same problem. It says the battery is overheated, but its the phone thts rlly overheating. I put it infront of the A.C. Last night and it cooled down, for about 7 minutes until it said "battery over heated powering off for protection." I tried putting it in the refrigerator (lol) because I thought tht might help. Do you think it will help? And maybe you should try letting it sit for a few days in a nice cool area before using it. (: ♥
Take it away from your body and leave it a cool place. If it doesnt work then perhaps you need a new battery or phone.
If your cell phone battery is heating up then something is wrong with the battery or the charger. Cell phone batteries tend to swell and can actually pop off the back of your phone if you don't replace them.
Stop using it until it cools down.