I have had this problem a number of times, and the most likely cause is that the app is not up to date, and this is why your story is not posting.
Possible reasons why your Snapchat story is not posting:
- The app is not up to date.
- The phone software is not up to date.
- You do not have any internet connection, either wifi or internet data.
Luckily there are ways to correct all of the above problems and hopefully by doing these things you will be able to post Snapchat stories once again.
How to overcome the problem:
- Go to the app store and under 'updates' you will be able to see a list of the apps that need updating, if snapchat is one of them, as long as you are connected to some internet, you will be able to update it from this page.
- To update your whole phone follow the same steps but this time in the app store there should be an alert telling you that new software is ready to be updated. This will update your whole phone and should allow you to post stories once all the software is installed.
- If you have no internet, then obviously the solution is that you will either need to find a wifi network to connect to (wifi settings can be found under general settings if you're using an iPhone)...
Or if there is no network, then you will simply have to wait until you are in an area where you have got internet so you are able to post your story.
The problem may be a combination of the above factors, so try a few of them to see if they help resolve the problem.
It could also be that there is just a short time delay between you posting your story and it appearing on the story page... so also check back in a few minutes to see if it has appeared.