- What is Spyware?
Spyware can also be used to change an individuals computer settings, steal internet connections and generally play havoc with a persons computer.
- Spyware on a mobile phone.
Common signs indicating if somebody has put spyware on your phone include:
- An unusually high phone bill - If you have had an exceptionally large bill this could be due to spyware, as the malware used requires a data connection. Therefore if you do not usually use the phone to surf the internet or download music and ringtones etc. You could have a spyware infection on your handset.
- Battery Depletion - Spyware runs in the background of your normal apps and mobile phone functions. This therefore requires more power to run the program and consequently may cause the battery to drain quicker
- Problems shutting down - Again as the spyware program runs constantly on your phone shutting down will cease the malware from working, and therefore it may stop the phone from responding to tasks such as this.
- Check your applications and icons - If new apps or icons have appeared on your screen, this is a great indicator that somebody maybe tampering with your phone.