1. Extensive internet use/availability has facilitated the development of more cosmopolitan network ties among individuals who have never met before face-to-face.
2. For some, it replaces genuine face-to-face social interaction with a type of inauthentic, virtual interaction.
3. It dramatically increases an individual's access to information.
4. It provides a special type of information (i.e., jobs available, apartments/housing for rent/to buy, etc.) that allows an individual to move across the country (or globe) more easily than ever before.
5. It provides another special type of information that can be used to access resources that were previously unavailable to many people.
6. It dramatically increases the speed at which transactions, business and otherwise, can be conducted.
7. Facilitates the further development of a global capitalist economy.