I Need Software To Edit Copyrighted DVDs To Remove Language And/or Scenes. Is There Any Software Out There That Can Do This?


2 Answers

Hannah Barton Profile
Hannah Barton answered
Although there is some software surfacing the internet that can perform the tasks you require; they are unfortunately illegal due to the high risk it will aid the black market of pirated DVDs. However, a legal alternative that could well give you the same outcome is a programme called ClearPlay. This can be found inbuilt in special DVD players.

ClearPlay is a parental control DVD player that allows content filtering of ordinary DVD films, purchased or rented. ClearPlay has the technology to allow its users to seamlessly skip over or mute undesirable content such as profanity, graphic violence, drug and adult-related content, all in real time.

To achieve this result, a ClearPlay-enabled DVD player is required, along with what are called ‘filter files’. These files, which are created by ClearPlay editors, will know where the possibly unwanted content is located, even to the exact frame. This allows the ClearPlay DVD player to block offensive or undesirable content during playback of the DVD. The choice is also made available to watch the film in its original form, by turning the filtering off.

ClearPlay allows users to customise what they want to skip. There are twelve categories of content that can be filtered and with four different levels (none, implied, explicit and graphic). These categories include: Violence, Sex, Nudity and Vulgarity. You will also see a list, before the movie starts, of possibly questionable content that ClearPlay will not remove depending on the movie, scene and/or situation.

The filter files are only available from ClearPlay as a monthly or annually subscribed membership. Unlimited access to the full library of moviefFilters are then made available, which contains thousands of filters for various DVDs including most new releases. If filter files for a particular movie are not present, requests can be made through their website.

Answer Question