- Computers have made it easier for us to communicate on a global scale, though the internet has also had a helping hand with this.
- We are able to produce documents with ease because of computers. On typewriters, as a comparison, one would either need whiteout or to go back and type over a mistaken letter or grammar issue. Thus, it is easier to correct typed documents.
- Documents can also be scanned into computers for editing in various programmes.
- We can edit photos, videos, and much more with a computer.
- Calculators, calendars, and plenty of other software exist to make computers a necessary part of everyday life.
- In essence the main advantage is how easy computers have made life.
- There are certain things upcoming generations are not learning as well because of computers.
- For example, computers in a place of business have negated the need for counting back money. When the computer is down those who do not know how to calculate totals in their mind are at a loss.
- We seem to spend more time indoors on computers rather than getting exercise given the games, software, and communication aspects computers provide.
- Computers are set up with a certain "shelf life" meaning they need replacement and many versions are already obsolete the minute we buy them.
- They are also quite costly.
The list could continue for both advantages and disadvantages, but these are some of the main ones.