Anonymous

What does waiting for network in Facebook messenger mean?

3

Yo Kass Profile
Yo Kass answered

If you see a "waiting for network" message on your Facebook Messenger app (or any other app for that matter), then this probably means the app has made a request to the server - such as asking what to show in your feed or which images it needs to create the feed etc... And the app hasn't received the response it was expecting yet.

Depending on what OS you're running, this may even cause the app to close down or crash.

How to solve a "Waiting for network" problem

Although it does depend on what's causing the network problem, here are some common things you should try:

• Double check that you are still connected to the internet
  • Make sure you have the latest version of the app and your operating system installed
  • Go into your settings, find Facebook Messenger, and then choose the "clear all data" option.
  • Cear the cache on both Facebook Messenger and the main Facebook app, uninstall them, delete any remaining files if you're on Android, and then resinstall both.

• Try to enforce proxy settings

Having said that, there are some concerns that Facebook Messenger takes advantage of people's personal information, and is therefore in breach of privacy.  Personally, I've never seen an issue with this as I choose not to share personal information online that I wouldn't want someone else to see.

On the other hand, there are some issues with Facebook Messenger that I consider to be out of Facebook's control for the most part.  Here are the two most obvious examples.

You may be using local CRM/billing/invoicing software and want to automate the process of sending messages and notifications, it would be helpful for you to learn about Softros LAN Messenger, browse this site. This program comes with a set of SDK API tools that allow you to integrate it into your system. I am sure your company will benefit from using this program.

Anonymous