Same problem here, I just wish my issue was just limited to batteries though. Batteries are usually shot within 2 weeks for me. No iPod, no cell phone, no laptop, no portable DVD player, etc. The bizarro thing is that I seem to effect electrical appliances as well - these are just a few things I've managed to "blow up" (not just once but multiple times) - blenders, hot glue guns (more than you can count), hair dryers, answering machines, list goes on and on. Can't even begin to tell you our yearly expense on light bulbs because I blow them when I flip the light switch. Speaking of which (which is a big joke in the family now) I set off the fire detector (totally seperate entity and is not wired into the house) that is in the hallway right outside the restroom. When I flip the switch for the bathroom I get a nasty shock sometimes and the alarm goes off. Odd....
I've read many articles where people say "you probably got a defective appliance"..... I'm 36 and this has been happening since childhood. I have experimented with different brands, makes, models blah blah blah. Same outcome. I find it hard to believe that my luck is THAT bad. Anyways, I've always been a "sickly" person (cancer twice) and I notice the electrical issues are the worst when I'm not feeling well. Doctors have looked at me like I'm nuts and I don't like living in the stone age. Since people are different some people could just produce more electicity than others. When we get back to the city (in boonies right now) I plan on going to the university to see if there are any studies on this and possibly volunteering.
Maybe consider doing the same, if anything you might gain a bit of insight or possible understanding of why.
Good luck! :-)
I too have this problem... And batteries can get expensive replacing them. Lol I just noticed the other day as my husband and I were driving that my cell phone kept losing signal completely. Irritating as it was my husband phone was fine (full signal). So I gave my phone to my husband and after about 30 secs the signal went up all the way. Took it back the signal drop... And the cycle continues. Anybody got ideas on that?
Want to hear something weird, I had the same problems for years, heres the weird thing, about three years ago I went to work for the company that I am still working for and when I first started maybe about 3 weeks later, I got a very severe headache that lasted for two days I went to the doctor and they could not find anything. I still was draining batteries at this time, until about a year ago and it stopped. Seven months ago OSHA came out to my company and did an inspection, I had been sitting near an open circuit for two years. Now I no longer drain batteries, I'm cured weird huh!
It might be both that is high iron content and magnetism.Some people have the ability to draw more electricity or static current then others.I also have similar experiences like getting a shock from a metal or even non metal things which have no electricity.