LAN:---> Local Area Network
MAN: --->Metropolitan Area Network
WAN: ----> Wide Area Network
it is a network connections which is connect the various computers into a one track to transmit the data from source to destination.
A local area network is used to connect computers over a short distance. These types of networks are usually operated by individuals or organizations. LANs are most commonly used by offices, homes, schools etc. The most primary technology used for LAN is Ethernet and Token Ring.
Wide Are Network (WAN) spans over a wider area. It is basically a collection of several LANs. WANs are not used by individuals or organizations like LAN, rather they have distributed ownership. The primary technologies used by WAN are Frame Relay and ATM.
Metropolitan area networks are smaller than WANs but larger than LANs. These types of networks are usually operated by the government bodies and large corporations.
The differences between the three basically exist because of each network’s physical area, the technology used and the owners.
Lan full from Local Area Network, it is small distance network connection and share file and other device but it is not security label very low.
Man full from Metropolitan area network, this network is made city to city and share and device .
It is security not so good.
Wan is the wide area network it is very popular network in this arth ,it is very good security , it is empliment city to city , Country to Country ,town to town so all,but it is very coustly but stablistment it beatar then other networking.
I found the meaning of MAN, it's Metropolitan Area Network.
1. LAN stands for Local Area Network.
2. Used Guided Media
3. A communication network linking a number of stations in same local area.
4. LAN generally provides a high-speed 100 Kbps to 100 Mbps.
1. MAN stands for Metropolitan Area Network.
2. Use may be Guided or may be Unguided media.
3. This network shares the characteristics of packet broadcasting networks.
4. A MAN is optimized for a large geographical area than LAN.
1. WAN stands for Wide Area Network.
2. Used Unguided media.
3. A communication network distinguished from a Local Area Network.
4. Its long distance communications, which may or may not be provided by public packet network.
Both the LAN and the WAN are basically types of computer networks. Though the concept behind the two is the same, there are fundamental differences between the two. The difference between the two becomes apparent once you expand the abbreviations.
The term LAN stands for Local Area Network. This is a type of network that is used to connect a system of connects across a specific area, usually within a building. It is the preferred form of network connection that companies use to connect computers within their office premises. However, the LAN, while being a very effective network is limited by the factor of distance; it can connect only over a specific area, a local area, as the name suggests.
The term WAN stands for Wide Area Network. The difference between a LAN and WAN is the area that they can cover. The WAN is a hugely different from the LAN in terms of the distance over which it can provide a network. Unlike the LAN, the WAN can provide a computer network across geographical boundaries, across countries. The perfect example of the WAN is the Internet.
LAN is local area network.it covers the area of 5 to 10 kilometers.it provides high speed data communication.the transmission medium is in twisted pair,coaxial cable and fiber optical cable.
MAN is metropolitan area network. It interconnect computer with I a city.it uses dual queue dual bus protocol.
WAN is wide area network.it covers a large geographic area such as country or even whole of the world.A WAN is a connection of two or more computers or WAN interconnects two or more LAN. In this transmission medium is radio waves,microwaves.
All of these are computer networks.
About the LAN, so it is the short form for the local area network, this network is made within the small area, like office or for the home users or can be made in a small geographical area within a building. In this network one can use any type of cable they want, either the UTP cable or any other according to their cost. The LAN users can communicate to each other, and there is high data transfer rate in contrast to other networks, it work at the data rate of 10, 100 Mbit/s or if the cable or connection is very good then data rate can exceed to 1000 Mbit/s .
About the MAN, so it is the short form for the Metropolitan area network. This network is made in the large geographical area almost cover the whole city. Mostly the optical fibers or the wireless systems are used for this network.
About the WAN, so it is the short form for the Wide area network .This network is made at very large scale and usually connected via the wireless systems or routers. We can say that to connect the LAN and other networks WAN is the main thing. WAN is a network which is made at the global level and its renowned example is internet which is used by many users.
The stand for of lan is local area network, the man is stand for metropolitan area network and wan the stand for wide area network
It is good, simple and clear
LAN is local area network and WAN is wide area network
• A local area network (LAN) is a computer network covering a small physical area, like a home, office, or small groups of buildings, such as a school, or an airport.
• A wide area network (WAN) is a computer network that covers a broad area ( any network whose communications links cross metropolitan, regional, or national boundaries ).
• A metropolitan area network (MAN) is a large computer network that usually spans a city or a large campus. A MAN usually interconnects a number of local area networks (LANs) using a high-capacity backbone technology, such as fiber-optical links, and provides up-link services to wide area networks (or WAN) and the Internet.
• a computer network (can) made up of an interconnection of local area networks (LANs) within a limited geographical area. The networking equipments (switches, routers) and transmission media (optical fiber, copper plant, Cat5 cabling etc) are almost entirely owned (by the campus tenant /owner: An enterprise, university, government etc).