The issue of printers not able to print a particular ink color may arise due to a number of reasons. Here I will discuss a detailed description of how to resolve the issue of “Brother Printer MFC 255CW Black ink won't print”. Follow the given instructions carefully.
- First, disconnect your printer from the power source.
- Now Open its cartridge carefully and check if the level of ink in your Black ink cartridge is up to the required mark or not. In case the level of ink is low, replace it with a new cartridge otherwise move to next step.
- If the ink levels are above and up to the mark make sure your print head is clean and every other cartridge is put in place.
- Make sure to always use original ink cartridges or at least Brother recommended one as the fake or duplicate ink could lead to a malfunctioning of your printer.
- Check the Paper Tray and make sure it is adequately filled, neither overstuffed nor underfilled to make sure a smooth and proper functioning.
- Place everything back in position and plug in your printer to a constant power source. Now see if the ink is printing fine.
- In case if the issue still persists, update your driver and firmware to the latest available version from your vendor’s original website. The update may result in resolving any internal software glitch causing the issue.
- Switch on your printer and print a Google Home Page to see if your black ink problem is resolved. Google homepage has all the colors and uses the minimum amount and that is why it is a great check for your ink problems.
These instructions should get your problems resolved. If you are not able to resolve the issue even after following these steps then the issue might be more critical and because of some internal software snag. In these scenarios.
Hopefully, these steps helped you in resolving the issue. In case the problem still persists then it could be because of some more complicated software issue and we recommend expert guidance for such scenarios. Contact Brother Printer Tech Support Number 1-855-213-4314 who are available for 24*7 round the clock and capable of handling most complicated Printer issues with ease.