I definitely find myself using Facebook or Twitter more than any other social media platforms - perhaps even more than all other websites combined!
Why I Use Facebook
- Nearly all of my friends use it, so it's a great way to keep in contact with people
- Habit (also great when you're procrastinating)
- I'd feel disconnected or excluded from events if I didn't use it (although the few people I know who don't use it still have active social lives!)
- A lot of people use it as the main way of contacting me
- I have the app on my phone, so I use it on-the-go
Why I Use Twitter
- Good way of finding out what's going on in the world, or discovering interesting news stories
- Useful for making connections with people who share your interests
- I interact with people on Twitter a lot more than I do on Facebook - if I don't like someone on Twitter, I won't follow them, whereas on Facebook, I'm friends with people I haven't seen or spoken to in a decade.
- I have the app on my phone
- It's great for keeping up-to-date with local travel information (especially if it's snowing and the buses aren't running) and local deals
I think I probably spend more time on Facebook, but I 'use' Twitter more, and I prefer it as a platform.
As for Google Plus, I don't know anybody who uses that on a regular basis, and most people I know don't even have an account set up!