Anonymous

I Have A Pt-51hx42f Panasonic Tv And The Power Button Blinks 5 Times, But The Tv Never Comes On. Does Anyone Have Any Suggestions?

3

I had this problem with a customer's set. Replacing R800 (1.5 ohm, 5w) fixed the set. R800 is across the relay contacts of RL802. In this set AC power goes thru two in-series relays before the SMPS gets power. Apparently relay #1 RL801 closes when you press power, then a less than maximum current goes thru R800 to start the SMPS working. Once the SMPS is partially working, relay #2 RL802 gets energized and closes, its contacts short across R800, and the SMPS then gets full power. Physically, R800 is close to the AC line filters. I guess 5 blinks means the Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS) is not working. It might also mean SMPS-supplied voltages are missing or possibly that the Horizontal Output circuit isn't oscillating - but these are intelligent guesses, couldn't find the blink code in the Service Manual - so if R800 is not your problem, I would check the usual SMPS or Horizontal Output type problems: A shorted SMPS Chopper Q801, a bad SMPS Controller IC801, a shorted Horizontal Output Transistor Q551, or maybe a bad Flyback Transformer. Bob Beal, Master Tech Repairs, Killeen, Texas.

Hi. My Panasonic inverter microwave oven is the best I have ever bought and I am confident that I will replace it when the time comes with a newer model. The panasonic inverter microwave oven heats up evenly and I use it for cooking. I don't have a working oven, so my 1200W Panasonic Inverter microwave oven cooks most of my dishes, heats up faster, cooks evenly, reliable, easy to program, damn it, I'm very happy with my purchase and have had auger for almost three years now. Such a model is still sold on the Internet and in large company stores.

Anonymous