Sorting data in Excel basically means that you can arrange the data according to some specific criteria like for example, the numbers in ascending or descending order or ascending order according to the dates. You can even arrange data alphabetically. To sort data, follow these steps:
- Select all the cells that you want to sort or arrange
- Now, locate the button labeled “data’ near the top
- Click on it and you will see a list
- Click on “sort”
- You will see options about how to sort, select the one most suitable to your purpose
- Click ok, and the data will be sorted.