- On your phone, go to 'messages' and select 'inbox'.
- For each message you can then select 'options' and then choose the 'delete' option.
- If you want to delete more than one message at once, you can go through your inbox and 'tick' the messages you want to delete. Then select 'options' again and select 'deleted all ticked'. Please note that these steps may vary slightly from one phone handset to another.
- There is also the option to select all the current messages in your inbox. Go to 'messages' and without clicking into the 'inbox' section, select the option to 'clear inbox.'
- If you look in the 'message settings' section you may also be able to set your phone up so all incoming or outgoing messages will not be automatically saved.
Despite being able to delete the messages from your phone, there is evidence to show that mobile phone providers are still able to access deleted messages. They will only be able to access these when assisting a police investigation, for instance, as some people argue it infringes on the human rights and rights of privacy for individuals who have a right to a private life that is not monitored by mobile phone or governmental bodies.