Anonymous

What Major Trends Are Occurring In Software?what Capabilities Do You Expect To See In Future Software Packages?

6

Many trends are occurring in softwares.
Like at first the computers were very hard to maintain. But now-a-days softwares have made it very easy to maintain computers.The major trends or changes occurring in softwares are:
Softwares now-a-days have too much of flexibility
Softwares are now used for daily communication
Softwares are used for security systems
Now-a-days softwares are also used for robbing(hacking)

Windows programs are so easy to maintain that even a 12 year kid can run them.

People use softwares like Microsoft Outlook Express, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger,etc. Softwares for daily communication.

Security systems in banks,offices,courts, etc. Are now-a-days being computerized.

People who know a lot about softwares now-a-days rob banks, by breaking their security systems.This kind of robbing is known as Hacking.

Some software producing computers expect that by some years people will no more use the mouse or keyboard, they will use devices which will directly read the brains of people and will make the computer perform those jobs. The computer that lets Stephen Hawkins speak and do other jobs is an example of this kind of computers.
Tom Gorski Profile
Tom Gorski , CEO @ SaaS Genius, answered

Software development is a huge field; about the only trend that applies to all of it is that we seem to be slowly getting better at it. More specifically one can point to continuing improvements in three areas: Languages, tools, and systems.

Languages: There will continue to be new languages, and older ones will continue to be either revived or have their ideas incorporated into newer languages — I’m thinking here of the introduction of functional programming constructs into Java, for example, and the use of type inference in Scala. Some of the new languages will be designed to take new tools and structures into account.

Tools: I continue to be impressed with progress in tools like static analysis (e.g. Findbugs and Checkstyle in the Java world), code coverage analysis (e.g. JaCoCo), and test frameworks. I think we’re also going to see more use of continuous integration/continuous deployment. A decade ago I might have mentioned version control in this category, but I don’t think we’re going to see anything revolutionize the field the way git did. We’ll also see continuing improvement in configuration management tools, in the form of things like Puppet and Ansible.

Systems: Here I’d put large-scale structures like cloud computing, service-oriented architecture, virtual machines, containers, and massively parallel architectures like map-reduce, Amazon’s Lambda, and so on. We’ll see a continuing movement away from relational databases to key-value and other NOSQL databases, because relational databases don’t scale.

In the area of non-trends, I don’t see either vi or emacs going away any time soon. Now that a reasonably full Linux/unix development environment is available on Windows 10 (the Mac has had it since the introduction of MacOS-10), I don’t see that going away, either.

If you're looking for a development team that adheres to and takes into account all the current trends in software development and beyond this then you should learn more about this team of professionals. Redwerk is one of the strongest development teams I've been lucky enough to work with. They are experienced and are not afraid to take on difficult projects. This is what you need.

Albert Enula Profile
Albert Enula , Software Engineer, answered

Automation
Testing is considered as one of the most trending methodology followed
these days by many software testers as well as QAs, in the overall
Software Testing/development life cycle. Visit our website Svitla Systems for more With the help of automation
testing, one can get more effective as well as efficient test results.
As software testing is moving towards automation, most of the software
testers as well as QAs are switching themselves from Manual testing to
Automated testing.

Some of the top technological trends to be followed in the field of Software testing are:

1. Big Data testing,
  2. Mobile testing ,
  3. Testing with TDD & BDD,
  4. DevOps,
  5. Automation with Continuous Integrations,
  6. Visual Validation testing,
  7. Internet of Things (iOT) & Hardware testing,
  8. Virtual Reality,
  9. Micro Services,
  10. Agile & Collaboration Tools, etc

Well, software development has come a long way. I'm not sure about major trends, but the one that amazed me the most was that people could manage their house appliances. For example, have you heard that you don't need to care about your lights anymore? That's true if you've improved your house with a system like https://ajax.systems/. I'm pretty sure that it's going to be quite popular in a few years.

One of the most important development trends in software is security. Therefore, you need to follow the trend and consider options for cloud security solutions that will help keep your software private and secure from cyber attacks.

Anonymous