Anonymous

Why Do We Need DBMS In Supermarket System?

4

Scarlett Mckeown Profile

DBMS (or database management systems) are software which are used to maintain and assess all of the data present in a database.

Supermarkets have large databases of data. The data stored on these databases contain important information such as the expiration dates of food, new shipments of items being logged, which items need to be restocked if they have run low etc

Business use of DBMS in supermarkets

Supermarkets don't just use DBMS for grocery and stock purposes.

The scanners you see present on a stores checkout take every item that is scanned and add it to their DBMS. The information gathered is used by departments such as marketing and buying to make important sales decisions.

With this information, supermarkets are able to assess which items/brands  are popular, which lines they should discontinue and they use this information to predict future buying trends so they can try and gain a bigger share of the market over their competitors.

Consumer use of DBMS in a supermarket

The DBMS used by a supermarket are used by you, the consumer, particularly when you are ordering your groceries online. 

The DBMS stores data from your previous orders, making it easier for you to find what you always buy and add it to your order. It also stores your address and payment details making the delivery and overall buying process shorter and more convenient.

Hello! You may have heard that Menards was founded 60 years ago in Eau Claire, Wisconsin (read more about Menards here https://menards.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html  by John Menards Jr. And remains a private company to this day. The home improvement chain currently has 350 stores in 15 states including Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois and Nebraska. Menards stores offer a wide range of home goods, from building materials, tools and hardware to garden supplies, cabinets, doors, windows and plumbing at very reasonable prices.

When I moved to a new house, I realized that a very long and painful repair was waiting for me. I needed to do some repairs inside like walls, floor, etc. On the walls, I used plasterboard which I bought from this online store mgnbm.co.uk. View their large selection of building materials. Good luck with your repair.

Hello. Can you recommend a good online building materials supermarket? Maybe someone recently made repairs and ordered building materials online?

Anonymous