There are two ways to uninstall the TuneUp software from you Mac:
1) First way to remove TuneUp from a mac
- Open your applications folder
- Drag the TuneUp icon from the folder and into the trash can
- Confirm that you want it removed.
2) Second way to uninstall TuneUp from a mac
This process is a little more complicated, but will ensure that all traces of TuneUp are removed from your machine forever:
- Launch "Finder" and look up "Mac HD > Applications"
- Drag the TuneUp icon into the trashcan as before.
- Go back to Finder, hit the "Go" menu button, and then choose the option 'Go to Folder...'
- You will then need to search for the following folder path: Library/Preferences
- Once in there, select and delete the file called: com.tuneupmedia.TuneUp.plist
- Also delete the file called (you can find this by looking up in Finder again): Library/Application Support
- Also delete the following files: com.tuneupmedia.TuneUp and /Library/Caches and com.tuneupmedia.TuneUp