FIFA 14 has a freezing issue on PS3, even EA sports has admitted it and wrote a whole section of guidelines on what to do. It all depends on whether you're in-game, and what mode you're playing in - so read this;
Save Game Suggestions
- Re-save file in a new slot with a new name
Manager Mode Suggestions
- Recall scouts, go into Youth Team and release players until you only have 7 or so.
- Load up old season, sim the games until the end of the transfer window, save and reload old game. Does that work?
- If you’re at the squad-size cap of 42, try releasing a few players
(youngsters you don’t really care about if possible). Once you’ve
cleared some space in your squad, we recommend keeping at least 1 space
- If your game keeps freezing on a specific date/match, try to sim past that date.
- Turn off “Hospitality settings”
- On Xbox, select “Xbox Live” (in-game main menu option), select “Xbox Live Settings” and then go to “Hospitality Settings”
- On PS3 , select “Online Modes” (in-game menu option), select “Online Settings” and then “Hospitality Settings”
Please Note – Don’t delete your personal settings to do this.
While this will remove your hospitality settings, it will also delete
your Virtual Pro.
- Reset your modem and router, and clear your system’s cache
- For Xbox 360 players, please take a look at this article on the Xbox Support Center
- For PS3 players, please take a look at this article on our Help Center
- Delete your EA Sports GameFace
- Check to see if your save file is corrupted
- For Xbox players, we recommend taking a look at this article on the Microsoft Support Center
- On PS3, take a look at your FIFA 14 save game files in the Save Data
Utility. If any have! As a part of the file name, it has bad data. This
file has to be deleted, and your save will be lost.
- Keep multiple game saves, each at different points in the season
- Don’t try too many transfers at one time