Inkjet printers have several advantages and are probably the most popular printers used today. However, there are disadvantages too, so it is important to mention those too...
- They are very cheap to buy.
- Even the cheapest inkjet printers produce high-quality text and images.
- They are small and can fit easily onto an office desk or a table in your home.
- Inkjet printers (unlike laser printers) don't need time to heat up.
- The cost of cartridges is very high. What starts off as a cheap printer can end up costing a lot more than expected as ink is costly and doesn't last long.
- Not all types of paper can be used as ink will smudge on some surfaces. This is not a problem for laser printers.
- If you have a huge batch of printing to be done it will be very time consuming with an inkjet printer, compared to a laser printer.