8 Surefire tips to becoming an awesome blogger
- You’ll need to love to write! In order to write an entertaining blog, you’ll have to do a lot of writing and research on the topics.
- Learn how to really concentrate on your writing because of the sheer amount of writing that you’ll have to do and the fact that your content will need to be crystal clear to your audience.
- Find your voice. Find a topic that you want to talk about and how you are going to talk about it. This also means that you are going to have to talk about this topic in a way that everyone is going to understand, that way people will start listening to you.
- Decide what your goals are going to be for the blog. Do you want earn a little bit of extra income? Do you want to get your family and friends involved?
- Read advice that other full time bloggers have written for other bloggers as they will have heaps of practical advice and tips. You can learn from their mistakes and insight.
- Define your boundaries and make sure that you stick to these boundaries. Consider how your family is going to feel if you give all of your spare time to writing your blog.
- Remember that you do not have to post something on your blog every day. Think quality over quantity!
- Let other writers help you with your blog. Encourage guest blog writers, let other bloggers interview you and ask if you can reference other blogs.
How to share your blog posts on popular social networks
Try adding your blogs onto various social networking sites like Google Plus, Facebook, MySpace, Pinterest, Twitter and LinkedIn. This will allow others to discover you and your posts and if you include a teaser on your social post you’ll encourage clicks through to your actual site and post. Set up user accounts for each website and make it a habit to add your post to each network every time you make a post.