When selecting a primary key field, which of the following would be the most undesirable option?

7

John Swindells Profile
John Swindells answered
You need to state what your options are!

It is important that the data for the primary key are unique, and will remain unique in the future.

Database designers will typically play it safe and just use an auto-increment integer field as the primary key, so that there is never any doubt which row is being worked on.  Even then, you need to consider how large to make the primary key; even a 32-bit unsigned integer may not be enough eventually!
Rachel Roberson Profile
Rachel Roberson answered

Thank you for posting such a great article! I found your website perfect for my needs. http://minionrush.online It contains wonderful and helpful posts. Keep up the good work!

alice taylor Profile
alice taylor answered

Thanks for sharing. I hope it will be helpful for too many people that are searching for this topic.

Cat Mario

When we use the primary key the null option is undesirable we do not take the null to the value and we do not use the same value for the field where we apply the primary key

Anonymous