A Database is a collection of records which are stored on a computer, A database organizes the data according to database models such as relational model.
Following are the advantages of database:
- Reduction in data redundancy
- Increased consistency
- More data integrity
- Independence from
- Improvement in data access by using host and
- Data is more secure.
- Reduction in data entry, storage, and retrieval cost
Following are the disadvantages of database:
- They are complex and difficult to use.
- Time-consuming to design
- Start-up costs regarding hardware and software
- A Damage to database will affect all applications
- Extensive conversion costs
- training required for all programmers and users