Do You Still Use A Microwave Oven?

7 Answers

carrie Profile
carrie answered
An Xray is ionizing (i.e. Nuclear) radiation where as microwaves (and light waves for that matter) are nonionizing. When you eat food from a microwave, you are not ingesting any rays. The microwaves pass through the food. And again, these are not ionizing waves that are harmful. It is not recommended that you lean on a microwave while it is on and I don't stand in front of it when it is on but there is no scientific studies that show food cooked in a microwave is harmful. Several studies have showed that food cooked in a microwave actually contains more of its original nutrients since the food doesn't have to cook as long. The biggest problem with microwave ovens is that people use incorrect containers that either damage the microwave (metal containers) or use plastic containers that are not meant for microwave use that leach chemicals into the food.
I would be a lot more concerned about the microwaves from your cell phone (which are microwaves of a different frequency used for a microwave oven obviously). You are holding your cell phone very close to your brain. Many neurologists are recommending that until further studies are done, that young children limit their cell phone use or use a headset. Same goes for adults but especially for children.
thanked the writer.
nettie
nettie commented
Good answer but any warning to me is good enough,I will not wait for the conclusions,thanks for your answer and yes I've heard the call regarding cells,Own a cell but am not on it like that,Thanks
Anonymous
Anonymous commented
I've heard the thing about the cell phones also. There are conflicting arguments regarding that too.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
I do use one, but just to warm something in a hurry. To cook something through in it just does not taste the same as cooking on the stove or oven. And microwaves have been around for a long time, I haven't heard of anyone dieing from it yet. I do have friends though, that will not use one for anything.
thanked the writer.
nettie
nettie commented
I heard of a lady the Doc could not figure out what was happening with her blood,her kids feed her the mic soup a lot and that's what it came down too,I don't use one anymore,a lot of time savers end up being death traps one way or another,after years of use.....
carrie
carrie commented
Everything that I have read indicates that it is more likely the container that the soup was heated in, not the microwave oven. And when I was pregnant with my kids, I researched this a lot as I am extremely concerned about their health. I found nothing scientific to back up some of the dire claims I have read. Everything came back to either non microwave safe containers or broken microwaves.
Anonymous
Anonymous commented
Yes, I have heard the same as celticgirl~ Actually, I think the food we eat will kill us way before the microwaves will. The chemicals in the food we eat are cancer causing.
Tina Profile
Tina answered
My degree in electrical engineering, we had a giant microwave room in one of our classes, there is a screen in the door that keeps the rays from escaping, as long as the door is not cracked and your seal around the door you are fine. I do not use plastic in my microwave, or crock type dishes, only glass,
Hello Boss Profile
Hello Boss answered
Sure, use one every day. Hasn't killed me yet.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
I use mine regularly, and usually turn it on and walk away until it beeps to kill time I can be impatient when I am hungry.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
A good test to see of a microwave is safe is to put your cell phone in it(not plugged in) close the door and ring the phone. It should not ring as it acts as a faraday cage.



Do not turn on the microwave.

Answer Question

Anonymous