A friend of mine had that problem, and after he cleaned the cigarette tar off the fan it worked fine, but The answer is right an old computer running new software runs hot.
Maybe your computer is overheating. Do you have it plugged right into the wall? It should be plugged into an adapter thing that plugs into the wall that you can turn on and off. I can't remember what they are called right off hand. I would check into this and do this if you have not already. Maybe unplug the computer and try it again later. Or you may have to call a technician if you can't find anything else here to help you. Maybe they can suggest something you can try without having someone have to look at it. If it us under warranty then I would get it looked at anyways. Good luck.
It is either overheating or has dust on the fans.-Iamlegend
Well, usually when it is on high it is working hard so another question from me would be how old is it because old computer with new software is hard on the computer